Our pick of the best cam for 4.8 vortec on the market is comprised of of the highest-quality and most effective models currently available on the market today. You have been chosen to get this pair of cam for 4.8 vortec because of their intrinsic value to your life, as well as their documented track record of producing positive outcomes for those who use them. We have thoroughly investigated each of them and assessed their usefulness in terms of their features, cost, and general efficacy, among other things. Consequently, if you’re still uncertain about which cam for 4.8 vortec to buy, don’t hesitate to go over our Top 10 Picks.
A Quick View Of 6 top cam for 4.8 vortec Picks
Our Top 10 Best cam for 4.8 vortec Reviews
- Brian Tooley Racing BTR Stage 3 Truck Cam, Beehive Springs and 7.400" Chromoly Pushrods 4.8 5.3 6.0
- The Brian Tooley Vortec Racing Truck Cam Kit includes: Stage 3 Truck Cam, Beehive Springs, Set of VS LS Hat Seals, 7.400 Chromoly Pushrods
- Stage III Camshaft Specs Specs: 218/224 .553/.553 110+0 Requires a 3 bolt timing gear.
- STAGE 3 SPECIFICS: The Stage 3 V2 camshaft is an amazing all around grind for the truck enthusiast. You sacrifice some low end torque in the pursuit of more power higher in the RPM range, but gain an idle note that is distinctly BTR! Stage 3 grind, it is still a tow-friendly camshaft, just not ideal for the everyday hauler. An aftermarket converter is highly recommended with this grind.Excellent for 4.8 5.3 6.0 6.2 Silverado, Sierra, Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade
- Will work with stock converter in some trucks, but recommended to install a 2800-3000 converter for best overall performance.
- Brian Tooley Racing BTR Truck Stage 2 Camshaft Kit 4.8 5.3 6.0 Camshaft and Beehive Springs and Valve Seals
- The Brian Tooley Vortec Racing Truck Cam Kit includes: Stage 2 Truck Cam, Beehive Springs and LS Hat Seals
- These Vortec Truck cams use a 3 bolt cam gear and were designed with low lift so GM LS2, LS3 and LS6 springs and pushrods can be used, making these the most affordable truck cams available.
- The Stage II cam has more of a noticable idle, with even more average torque production than the Stage I cam, at the sacrifice of some low end torque and fuel mileage.
- This is the largest cam we recommend to run with stock 4L60E converter in a 4.8/5.3. Specs are 212/218 .553/.553 111
- Brian Tooley 2 BTR Stage 2 Truck Cam V2 212/218 .553"/.553" 111 99-13 GM Truck Applications Beehive Springs and Cam Install Gasket Kit
- Camshaft, Beehive Springs, Seals, Crank Bolt, Gaskets for Water Pump, Timing Cover, & Front Seal. These camshafts have a 3-bolt From toy haulers to trucks turned street rods, our V2 truck cam lineup has an answer for your needs.
- From toy haulers to trucks turned street rods, our V2 truck cam lineup has an answer for your needs. We have partnered with an OEM Tier 1 supplier to grind the new V2 series. The end result is a revised camshaft that provides more average torque, higher peak power, and a maximum depth heat treatment.
- The maximum heat treat depth is achieved by having cam cores made within a few thousandths of final grind size. As opposed to grinding all the camshafts from the same starting core, they each have their own respective core to begin.
- The Stage 2 grind is a great middle-ground for people looking for added power, while keeping OEM driving characteristics in check. OEM torque converters play happily with these grinds. If you need to hook up to a trailer and hit the road for the weekend, this grind will give you more average torque than the previous iteration of the truck series.
- Texas Speed Stage 3 Low Lift 216/220, .550"/.550" Camshaft 112 LSA Camshaft. With a 112 Lobe Separation Angle (LSA). Beehive Valve Springs, Set of 16 Hat Seals. and Crank Bolt & Gaskets for Water Pump, Timing Cover, & Front Seal. These camshafts have a 3-bolt timing gear pattern.
- This cam gained 53.4 HP and 22.0 TQ at the flywheel on our in-house SuperFlow 902 engine dyno using an otherwise stock 5.3L engine!
- This cam uses proprietary TSP lobe profiles that are designed to utilize the factory GM LS6 single beehive valve springs and your factory pushrods, making them the most affordable cam package on the market!
- 1400-6000 RPM Power Band; This is an excellent performance camshaft with a slight lope at idle! We've had tons of customers select this camshaft when looking for a cam that drives well and can be daily driven without any issues! A mail-order or dyno tune will be required for optimum performance and excellent driving quality.
- These cams are designed specifically for 4.8 5.3 6.0 combinations.
- Brian Tooley Racing BTR Truck Stage 4 Cam Kit 4.8 5.3 6.0 Cam and Beehive Springs and Valve Seals
- The Brian Tooley Vortec Racing Truck Cam Kit includes: Stage 4 Truck Cam, Beehive Racing Springs and LS Hat Seals
- Requires around a 3000-3200 converter. Also used in 6.0 and 6.2 truck engines.
- Requires a 3 bolt cam gear.
- Specs are 224/230 .553"/.553" 109
- Cam Spring Pusher kit Compatible with:1999-2013 GM Truck Chevy Silverado,Sierra,Vortec,Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade.4.3 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 6.2 LS1 LS2 LS3 LS6 LQ4 LQ9 Engines.This camshaft is suitable for 2800-3000 RPM Stall converter
- Truck Camshafts use a 3-bolt cam gear pattern，were designed with low lift,GM LS2, LS3 and LS6 springs and PushRod can be used
- Material: Cam Spring Pusher kit Made of high quality steel material, 100% inspected by the factory to ensure the reliability and durability of the product
- Package Includes:1PCS Stage 3 Truck Cam,16PCS Beehive spring,16PCS PushRod and 16PCS LS Cap Seal
- 1 year warranty. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the camshaft Spring Pusher kit, you can contact us and we will replace or refund you
- Texas Speed 223/226 .600/.600, 111 LSA Camshaft
- These use lobes that are designed to be both beehive & double valve spring friendly.
- This cam gained 67.1 HP and 26.8 TQ at the flywheel on our in-house SuperFlow 902 engine dyno using an otherwise stock 5.3L engine!
- 1500-6200 RPM Power Band; This is an excellent performance camshaft with a slightly lopey idle. We've had tons of customers select this camshaft when looking for a cam that drives well with an aftermarket torque converter (3000+ recommended) and computer tuning! It's a great choice for those looking for excellent power from their 5.3L engine, as well as a nice sound.
- The 111 Lobe Separation Angle (LSA) is standard.
- Set of 4ea Torx Bolts To bolt the countersunk style cam retainer to the engine block. These are Zinc Coated to prevent corrosion and rust.
- Compatible with ALL Chevrolet LS & LT Series Engines 1997-current (99-2021 4.8L,5.3L,6.0L,6.2L Vortec Truck Engines) LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, LS9, GM 4.8L 5.3L 6.0L 6.2L. Also Fits LSX LM7 LR4 LQ4 LQ9 L33 LH6 L92 L76 L99 L96 L82 L83 L84 L86 L87 L82 L83 L84 L86 L87 LT1 L8B LT4 LT5 LT2
- It is Recommended to apply medium thread locker to the bolt threads and torque to 18FT-LBs.
- We are an AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 Certified Manufacturer that produces aerospace parts for The Boeing Aircraft Company and The US Military. Parts we produce fly at 30,000 feet where failure is not an option. We put the same quality into every part we produce.
- When you purchase Z Whip Parts you will always get the highest quality for your vehicle that you rightfully deserve
- Texas Speed Stage 2 Low Lift 212/218, .550"/.550" 112 LSA Camshaft. With a 112 Lobe Separation Angle (LSA). These camshafts have a 3-bolt timing gear pattern.
- This cam gained 51.4 HP and 22.9 TQ at the flywheel on the in-house SuperFlow 902 engine dyno using an otherwise stock 5.3L engine!
- This cam uses proprietary TSP lobe profiles that are designed to utilize the factory GM LS6 single beehive valve springs and your factory pushrods, making them the most affordable cam package on the market.
- 1200-5800 RPM Power Band; This is an excellent performance camshaft with a smooth idle! We've had tons of customers select this camshaft when looking for a cam that drives almost stock, and can be hidden with some exhaust systems! If you're looking for a small, stealth camshaft the 212/218 is a great option to consider.. It is ideal for 4.8L and 5.3L trucks that want to keep their factory torque converter and not break the bank on more expensive valve springs and pushrods.
- These cams are designed specifically for 4.8 5.3 6.0 combinations.
- Texas Speed TSP Torquer V2 232/234 .600"/.600" Camshaft 112 LSA Includes Springs, Pushrods and Gasket Kit
- Includes .660" Dual Spring Kit w/ Integrated One-Piece Seat & Seal, Titanium Retainers, PAC Springs, 7.400" Chromoly Pushrods and Crank Bolt & Gaskets for Water Pump, Timing Cover, & Front Seal.
- The Torquer V2 camshaft is a very popular camshaft for customers wanting a big power camshaft that makes big power gains while still having the option of running a beehive valve spring. The 112LSA helps to bring the camshaft's powerband lower in the RPM band. The lower LSA also creates a slightly rougher idle. The Torquer V2 camshaft is a very popular camshaft for customers wanting a big power camshaft that makes big power gains while still having the option of running a beehive valve spring.
- Dyno testing has shown the Torquer V2 camshaft to make a solid 50-55 RWHP gains! With the Torquer V2 camshaft, we typically recommend the customer have at least a 3,000 RPM stall speed torque converter for automatic cars.
- Tuning will also be required in both automatic & manual applications.
Our Top 10 Best cam for 4.8 vortec Reviews
In order to make an informed decision about purchasing cam for 4.8 vortec, it is necessary to first understand the characteristics that you should search for. When looking for the best cam for 4.8 vortec, there are a few considerations to keep in mind.
It is cost-effective
No matter which cam for 4.8 vortec you pick, you’ll always receive a good deal for your money no matter what you spend. Almost all of the items on this list are reasonably priced without compromising on quality or efficacy.
A Wide Selection of cam for 4.8 vortec
It is critical to have access to a selection of various cam for 4.8 vortec, no matter what your objectives are. You will be able to locate the ideal solution for your specific requirements by picking from the options on this page.
The top cam for 4.8 vortec on our list are all designed to provide users with concrete benefits, so make sure you choose one that will provide you with the greatest possible outcomes. Extensive evaluations of each product have been supplied as a means of evaluating their effectiveness.
You definitely don’t want cam for 4.8 vortec that shatter or fracture after a few uses, so be sure they are of high quality. Always look at the product’s construction before purchasing it and ask yourself if it will endure the amount of wear and damage it will receive.
It Is Simple To Use
Examine whether or not the cam for 4.8 vortec are simple to operate. If something is difficult to utilize, you will be completely overwhelmed in the real world or in a public location. As a result, determine whether the cam for 4.8 vortec are simple to operate or complex.