Our selection of the top bluegrass seed includes only the highest-quality and most effective products available on the market. This pair of bluegrass seed was selected for you because of their inherent worth to your life as well as their demonstrated track record of creating great outcomes for people who utilize them. We have extensively examined each of them and determined their usefulness in terms of their features, pricing, and overall effectiveness. So, if you’re still undecided about which bluegrass seed to purchase, don’t hesitate to go over our Top 9 Selections.
Comparison Table of Our 8 Top bluegrass seed Picks
Best bluegrass seed Reviews
- Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed Kentucky Bluegrass Mix continuously self-repairs to withstand wear and tear for a thick, durable lawn
- Kentucky Bluegrass seed mix designed for full sun and light shade, with a fine bladed texture and medium drought resistance
- Exclusive 4 in 1 WaterSmart PLUS Coating absorbs more water, feeds with essential nutrients and protects seedlings from disease
- Seeds up to 4,660 sq. ft.
- Not available in LA
- HEISMAN is an elite mix of 85% Kentucky Bluegrass and 15% Perennial Ryegrass. Heisman is ideal for any consumer looking to have the best-looking lawn and landscape. 15% Perennial Ryegrass provides quick germination while 85% Kentucky Bluegrass provides durable blades of grass that fills in, thickens your lawn, and over time, will crowd out the Perennial Ryegrass leaving the customer with a pure Kentucky Bluegrass lawn and landscape.
- KENTUCKY BLUEGRASS is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
- PERENNIAL RYEGRASS provides rapid germination, wear resistance, recuperative ability, as well as winter hardiness and transition zone adaption.
- USE ON: residential lawns, athletic fields, municipal and community parks, golf course roughs, and other high-traffic areas.
- WHEN TO APPLY: Spring and fall, between 60°F and 80°F, are the best times to seed but can be used anytime during the growing season, applicable to your region. Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F and 75°F. If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- Midnight Kentucky bluegrass seed is one of the highest rated perennial grass seeds on the market today in many NTEP evaluations. Its beautiful dark green color, soft texture, disease resistance, cold tolerance, and easy of establishment make it a top lawn choice.
- If you are looking to plant a new lawn in the northern or transition zone, you must look at Midnight Kentucky bluegrass seeds as one of the choices for your needs.
- It creates a thick carpet that has an unusually dark rich blue-green color. It is the most popular bluegrass in the United States and it has many desirable qualities including: dark blue-green color, slow growth habit, drought tolerance, disease resistance, and more than 15 years of proving itself as a great choice.
- This grass seed is recommended for home lawns, parks, golf courses, and athletic fields. It withstands high traffic and stays thick and lush as well as being extremely cold tolerant.
- For a new lawn, sow 2 to 3 pounds per 1,000 square feet of this top rated seed.
- Has an invisible waxy coating which wards off disease and preserves moisture in the leaf for superior drought tolerance
- Possesses species diversity, contains Black Beauty Tall Fescues, elite Kentucky Bluegrass and elite Perennial Ryegrass, produces a dark-green color
- Grows well in clay or sandy soils and in full sun or partial shade
- Contains naturally insect resistant grass
- Cover up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- Plant 50 Lbs. per 15,000 Sq.Ft.
- Amazing Deep Green/Blue Color.
- Certified Seeds for Maximum Results
- Great Choice for Mixing With Fescue Grass
- Adds Exceptional Character To Any Cool Climate Lawn.
- Now Professional Turf managers can add genetic diversity with a high-performance Texas Bluegrass x Kentucky Bluegrass cross! Expanding the area of adaptation for bluegrasses, TX x KBG types have been successful farther south than traditional Kentucky bluegrasses, and are adding heat tolerance and summer performance to northern zone turf.
- SPF 30 produces a high percentage of living ground cover throughout the summer, recovers quickly from drought, and is resistant to brown patch. With its aggressive rhizomes, SPF 30 improves the ability of tall fescue turf to recover when combined in a mixture.
- SPF 30 is an elite and medium-bladed bluegrass for landscape contractors, sports turf managers, and golf course superintendents who are battling the stress of summer heat. SPF 30 (HB 128) is a sister to HB 129 TX x KBG. Use SPF 30 hybrid bluegrass in Sod, Sports, Golf Roughs and Lawns. Hybrid bluegrasses germinate from seed slightly faster than Kentucky bluegrass, but the differences in overall establishment rate have not been significant.
- Hybrid bluegrass germinates and establishes slower than tall fescue. Hybrid bluegrass survive prolonged heat and drought periods. Another noteworthy feature is the disease tolerance of hybrid bluegrass. SPF 30 has shown increased tolerance to many diseases compared to regular Kentucky bluegrass including Rhizoctonia blight.
- Sow 2 - 3 pounds per 1,000 square feet or 80 - 10 lbs per acre to begin growing your soft, fine bladed, but drought tolerant lawn grass today.
- KEY FEATURES: Grass seed mix contains 100% Kentucky Bluegrass. Three different Kentucky Bluegrasses specialty selected to provide peak performance in a wide variety of climates while offering superior disease resistance with a quick spring green-up. Kentucky Bluegrass is great for wear tolerance, vigorous recuperative ability, and broad-based disease resistance while maintaining high summer density.
- WHEN TO APPLY: Spring and fall (60°F and 80°F) are the best times to seed, but can be used anytime during the growing season applicable to your region. Grass seed germinates when soil temperatures are consistently above 50°F. This roughly corresponds to daytime air temperatures between 60°F to 75°F. If grass seed is applied in fall, any ungerminated grass seeds will remain dormant throughout winter, then germinate when soil temperatures reach 50°F in spring.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: Kentucky Bluegrass will germinate between 14-21 days. Grass seed will continue to thicken throughout growing season.
- Produces a lawn with a beautiful deep green color
- Superior drought and disease resistance blend, best for full sun to medium shade areas
- Kentucky Bluegrass tolerates foot traffic and bounces back quickly from injury
- Seed germination in 14-28 days for a well-established lawn
- Uncoated seeds ensure maximum seed coverage; 1,500 sq. ft. coverage if seeding new lawn; 3,000 sq. ft. coverage if over seeding existing lawn
Best bluegrass seed Reviews
In order to make an informed decision about purchasing bluegrass seed, it is necessary to first understand the characteristics that you should search for. When looking for the best bluegrass seed, there are a few considerations to keep in mind.
It is cost-effective
No matter which bluegrass seed you pick, you’ll always receive a good deal for your money no matter what you spend. Almost all of the items on this list are reasonably priced without compromising on quality or efficacy.
A Wide Selection of bluegrass seed
It is critical to have access to a selection of various bluegrass seed, no matter what your objectives are. You will be able to locate the ideal solution for your specific requirements by picking from the options on this page.
The top bluegrass seed on our list are all designed to provide users with concrete benefits, so make sure you choose one that will provide you with the greatest possible outcomes. Extensive evaluations of each product have been supplied as a means of evaluating their effectiveness.
You definitely don’t want bluegrass seed that shatter or fracture after a few uses, so be sure they are of high quality. Always look at the product’s construction before purchasing it and ask yourself if it will endure the amount of wear and damage it will receive.
It Is Simple To Use
Examine whether or not the bluegrass seed are simple to operate. If something is difficult to utilize, you will be completely overwhelmed in the real world or in a public location. As a result, determine whether the bluegrass seed are simple to operate or complex.